Respond to the Quote: “My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph.” ~Richard Avedon.
This is a very interesting quote that really made me think about portrait photography and what it encompasses. After reading this quote and thinking for some time on the subject matter, I have come to the conclusion that I really enjoy this quote, for it gives power to the photographer. It is a statement that reminds the reader that while the visual outcome of a portrait may be the subject, the photographer is usually the person who constructs the photograph. Therefore, the viewer of the portrait is reminded by this statement that they should also look at the portrait as the photographer’s interpretations and expressions of the subject and situation.
This is a very interesting quote that really made me think about portrait photography and what it encompasses. After reading this quote and thinking for some time on the subject matter, I have come to the conclusion that I really enjoy this quote, for it gives power to the photographer. It is a statement that reminds the reader that while the visual outcome of a portrait may be the subject, the photographer is usually the person who constructs the photograph. Therefore, the viewer of the portrait is reminded by this statement that they should also look at the portrait as the photographer’s interpretations and expressions of the subject and situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment