For this photograph, I photographed a path as it wound around a building on campus. This image started out as just one of the many images I took on my walk around campus. However, once I got it to a computer I started to play with the image. The final result is this photograph. The photograph is actually one photograph mirrored. I found it interesting how real the photograph still looked even though only half of it is "actually" there. I thought this photograph showed an interesting depiction of how uniform things in nature (and man made structures) can be. Symmetry is seen all around us in our daily lives, and I try to emphasize that with this photograph.
Post Critique: I think the class found the illusion the most interesting aspect of this photograph. I really liked how the illusion was an accident, and it is definitely something I want to play with in the future. I want to try experimenting with techniques that could create an image inside of an image. I think this would be really interesting.
Post Critique: I think this photograph was the most well received by the class. This photograph is probably the most personal of all of the photographs; however, I do not think I explained the personal story behind the photograph. I found it pretty interesting that this photograph was so well received without much (if any context). I think I actually enjoyed sharing the photograph without context, for it allowed the class to put their own interpretation on it.
These two photographs are also the result of some playing in photoshop. After playing in photoshop for awhile, I came across a method of editing that I found interesting. Both of these images are comprised of two photographs. The bottom photograph is a very clear image of the scene being photograph. Then I placed another opaque photograph of the same scene on top. The top photograph however was not clear; instead I zoomed out while taking the photograph to give it a sense of motion. I really liked the combination of defined lines and movement like blur. I thought it gave a serene landscape a sense of action and urgency. Looking at these photographs almost makes me anxious, for I can see blurred movement, but I can still clearly tell what is in the photograph.
Post Critique: I think the most interesting feedback I received on these photographs regarded their construction. I liked how it was difficult for most people to tell that the shot was constructed in photoshop and not in camera. I did not want the picture to really appear photoshopped, so I am glad it was not too obvious. I did not get too much feedback in terms of improvements or criticisms, so I am not sure how I could improve these photographs if I intend on using this method in the future.




No comments:
Post a Comment