#19. Can you think of anything that:
1) should not be photographed? Why?
1) should not be photographed? Why?
I think think there is anything that necessarily should not be photographed; however, I am sure there are situations where photographs may be in poor taste. Perhaps something like a socially sensitive situation or when personal space is being invaded.
2) cannot be photographed? Why?
Anything that cannot be seen cannot be photographed. For example, abstract ideas (such as emotions like happiness). You can photograph the expression of someone's happiness, but you cannot photograph happiness itself.
3) you do not want to photograph? Why?
I do not think there is anything that I necessarily do not want to photograph. I think some things may be slightly uncomfortable at first (like nude photography), but I am not closed minded about it. There are things that may not interest me though, so I suppose I would not want to photograph those things.
#20 Describe at least one photograph that you could take for each of the following “place” prompts.
- An image of a synthetic “place” such as Disney World, Las Vegas, a Hollywood set, a diorama, etc.
- I am somewhat confused as to how Disney World or Las Vegas are synthetic, but if I am understanding the prompt correctly, I think that creating a kind of fantasy world to photograph would be really interesting. Probably something on a small scale (like creating a lego world). Recreating a city (and famous city photographs) through legos would be really interesting.
- An image of a fantasy/fictitious environment concocted from your imagination.
- I have absolutely no idea how I could photograph this, but I think it would be really interesting to take photographs of a medieval/fantasy setting. Perhaps something like the Renaissance festival would be interesting to photograph. Pictures of a time where there were no camera would be really interesting.
- An image of a placeless space such as the Internet, cell phones, e-mail, e-bank, surveillance, etc.
- I think photographing a large bundle of cables could be interesting. I find it interesting how a single cable is the single port to an abundance of information (the internet). Therefore, I would like to somehow try to represent this in photographing an Ethernet cable.
- An image of a public space.
- There are so many options for taking a picture of a public space. If I was slightly more confident, I think it would be interesting to take forced portraits of people in public spaces. I feel as though it would cause so much discomfort that some people's reactions would be quite interesting.
- An image of a private space.
- This one is slightly more difficult. I feel as though I have very few places that are truly private. I may photograph certain parts of a trail I used to bike on. While this trail is far from private, it is often void of people and was fairly important to me this past summer.
- An in-between space that brings to mind one of the following ideas: nomadic lifestyles, displacement, rootlessness, out-of-placeness, boundaries, movement, expansion, etc.
- When I read this prompt I instantly though of all the surrounding fields and farmlands in East Lansing and Lansing. I think that making my way to the middle of one of these fields could create some interesting photography opportunities. Perhaps by photographing myself in one of the vast fields I could prove to show the vastness of agriculture in this area.
No comments:
Post a Comment