Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Prompt 23

 1. In what ways do you “construct” your identity? In what ways do you “perform” in your daily life?
     
There are many ways we can construct our identity. I think we construct it through every choice and decision we make. When we choose to act in a certain way we are constructing who we are. I feel as though performing is another word for acting in this instance. We perform in our daily life through our actions.

2. Describe some ways in which your personal culture and social environments are “constructed”.
   
   Culture and social environments can be considered constructed because they are made up of different kinds of people. Culture and social environments come from people, so they are in a sense made or constructed by these people.

3. Describe some ways in which your physical environment/space is “constructed”.

     I am sitting in an apartment that was constructed from various building materials. This building was literally constructed with the purpose of habitation.

4. In your daily life, what would you consider to be “real” and what would you consider to be “constructed/fabricated”?
  
    I feel as though anything intangible can be considered constructed or fabricated. So I suppose that anything tangible can be considered real.

5. Describe a narrative tableaux that you might create to be captured by a photograph. A narrative tableaux can be defined as “Several human actors play out scenes from everyday life, history, myth or the fantasy of the direction artist” ( Constructed Realities: The Art of Staged Photography Edited by Michael Kohler , 34).
  
    If I were to think about this realistically, I would most likely photograph an intersection that gets a lot of foot traffic on a particularly busy day. I think using strangers as human actors could be interesting. I would like to play with different shutter speeds to see how I could capture people’s movement over time.

6. Describe an idea for a photograph that includes a miniature stage or still life. A description of such an image is “The tableaux reconstructs events as in the narrative tableaux, but in miniaturized format, using dolls and other toy objects” (Kohler, 34).
         
   I am picturing a kind of recreation of famous cityscapes through legos. I think it would be pretty interesting to portray the cities that represent such strong economical and historical significances as mere toys.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment