You as Curator
Look through the list of recent entrants to this call for photography.
http://pdncuratorawards.com/ entries.shtml
Pretend you are curating a show and choose 7 photographers to include in your show. Describe why you would pick those particular artists and what about their work stands out to you.
Look through the list of recent entrants to this call for photography.
http://pdncuratorawards.com/
Pretend you are curating a show and choose 7 photographers to include in your show. Describe why you would pick those particular artists and what about their work stands out to you.
John F Martin: I really like the series he has on here. The combination of painting and photography is really interesting and has a cool look to it.
Nicole Rosario: I really like her photographs. They are all in black and white, but the subject matter she chooses is all very interesting and very cool to look at. Her work with shapes and lines is astounding.
Scott J Newell: I really like his circular cropping for all of his photographs. It makes his breathtaking landscapes even more interesting. Very telescope-ish.
Sean Williams: I love the lighting in his photographs. The perspectives and lighting touch ups give his photographs an almost surreal feel. They are very cool and very interesting.
Francesca Catastini: Her photographs are very cool. They are visually jarring, since there is almost something really unusual in every shot. The lighting and compositions are perfect. I really like her work.
Patrice Aguilar: Her shots of horses are amazing! They are all so clear, and the action is frozen perfectly. It is really cool to see such large animals in action like this.
Lisa DiLillo: I love the colors and shapes of her photographs. A lot of the photographs are so close they are almost abstract. Very cool work.
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI noticed that you selected one of my images and for that I thank you. I thought that you might like to know that the round images are fisheye images encompassing a full 180 degrees. I try to avoid the tell-tale fisheye distortion and sometimes because of that it is very hard to see what the perspective is. I found it interesting an somewhat affirming that you see a telescope effect, when if fact it is the opposite.
Thanks again and keep up the blogging.
Scott Newell