Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Prompt 24

A. Pick two images from any of the “constructed reality” photographers presented in class or linked on the assignment sheet. Describe how you could recreate these two images on a “smaller scale”.
Atta Kim

If I were to reconstruct this picture i think I would make it of just one person eating a table, but instead of having the cubed people behind the person eating I would make them the furniture. I think it would be interesting, for it would be like the people who worked in making the furniture are actually the pieces of furniture.



Christian Thompson

I find this photograph to be really interesting. I think if I were to recreate it on a smaller scale I would use the flowers to decorate just a small portion of the face. For example I would only photograph the eye and maybe part of the nose. I would try to still keep the scowl or serious look to contrast the brighter colors and happier tones from the flowers. I would definitely try this technique in the future.



B. Describe your plans for your self-proposed final project (if the plan is the same as before, paste it here again and give a bit more detail). During the final critique for Assignment #5, you will discuss/present these ideas to the class.



For the final project I would like to do some kind of stop motion longboarding photo set. I think it would be really interesting to take a high speed sport and use photographs to capture the action while it is occuring. I would like to actually be skating while taking the photographs, because I feel as though those would make for the most interesting shots. I would want to heavily edit some of the key photos in the sets so they really stand out amongst the rest. I think this could be a really interesting project and I am really excited to start working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment