Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog Prompt 26

Brainstorms! (In an effort to expand, improve, add complexity, and push your final projects further, please pick 10 of the following to discuss.)
  1. Ideas sometimes grow out of irritation. What is a negative thought you are having about your project? What is the opposite of this negative thought? How could you implement a change in your project so that this negative thought will subside? 
                I am kind of concerned that people are sick of me doing longboarding photographs… It is something I am                   passionate about and I really enjoy taking the pictures. I like that they are spontaneous and there is the ability                 to catch that “one” shot.
  1. Type twenty words or phrases that relate to your project.
Speed, color, words, text, motion, freeze, action, movement, black and white, angles, crooked, advertisement, sell, board, wheels, legs, concrete, spin, talking through actions, stoke
  1. At the deepest core, describe why you like this project. Dig deep!
I really like action photography. I think the contrasting thrill of getting the perfect shot with the disappointment of missing a good opportunity makes the positive outcomes very interesting. I think this is why I mostly did animal photography when I first started. I think now that I am more involved in longboarding this is essentially a progression of my animal photography.
  1. Expand your project. If time, money, materials, etc would not affect you, how would you expand your project?
I would love to try and set up professional lighting for some of the shoots. I think it would really help the photographs if they had some help with the lighting. Also, a slightly faster camera/memory card would be nice.
  1. Contract your project. What would it boil down to if squeezed and contracted to its simplest form?
Breaking it down, my project seems to consist of a skater, a product usually highlighted with color, and a small amount of text to draw the reader in and learn about the highlighted product.
  1. Look at one of your images. Redesign it entirely.
I significantly changed fonts and font colors. Placement and angles of the fonts also shifted significantly.
  1. Divide your project into three components. Rearrange and reassemble them in your mind.
Background. Skater. Text. It would be interesting to try and put the text on the skater or use the skater as the background with text overlaying it.
  1. List your assumptions about your project. Reverse these.
I would assume I would take pictures of some aspect of skating or longboarding. (The opposite would be…taking a picture without anything skating or longboarding related) I would assume there will be text involved in order to convey a message. (no text, convey the message some other way)
  1. What would your project look like 100 years ago? What would your project look like 100 years in the future?
I don’t think this project would have been remotely possible 100 years ago… Not only because of camera technology, but just because there was nothing really like skateboarding. Maybe bicycle photos or other kinds of downhill sport photos. I think the market for these photos has grown significantly over 100 years. 100 years into the future I think a completely new sport would be able to be photographed. (maybe hoverboarding would be real!)
  1. Remove something from your project. How does it change?
This gave me an idea to try and remove the trucks and wheels from an ad… hover board? May end up not being very serious, but it would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment